We have used many of the lodges in the Cerocahui area on our small group trips to Copper Canyon. I like San Isidro Lodge.
This place was built a few years ago by brothers Mario and Tito and it has seceral positive qualities:
- awesome food put together by Tito’s wife Maragarita
- there are many Raramuri runners in the area including the old master Victor Churro and the young hero, Miguel Lara
- they have a temescal–local sweat lodge– and they will fire it up for small groups
- it is close to the Gallego overlook
- it is a great base for running or hiking
- it is quiet…like still and hear the birds quiet
So contact San Isidro Lodge or just come with us on one of our journies.